Perfect recipe to set up and come home to after work, even better if its cold outside.
- 2 lbs beef stew meat, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 potatoes, diced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp worchestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp melted butter
- 2 cups beef broth or 1 cup beef broth and 1 cup red wine
- 1 tsp parsley
1In a bowl mix together the flour, butter and pepper. Place meat in slow cooker. Pour ingredients in bowl over meat and stir. Mix in the garlic, bay leaves, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, onion, beef broth/wine, potatoes, carrots, peas and celery.
2Cover and cook on low setting for about 10 hours.