1 lb squid (cleaned)
1 cup milk
24 to 32 oz. olive oil or soy oil
1/4 – 1/2 lb. flour
1 tsp paprika
1 cup olive oil
1 whole egg
2 tblsp water, or more as needed
1/4 tsp lemon juice
2-3 garlic cloves (minced)
Salt to taste
1. Put egg, garlic, water, lemon juice and 1/2 cup olive oil in mixing bowl and mix well. Add the remaining olive oil slowly until emulsifies. If it gets too thick, add a touch more water. Set aside.
2. The squid, they need to be cleaned before cooking. The spines, ink sacks and heads should be discarded. You can eat the tentacles. If cleaning yourself, cut in to rings and pat dry.
3. Mix egg and milk and put in a bowl or pan you can spread squid out. Place squid in milk mix, cover and refridgerate for about 1/2 hour.
2. Put about 1/2 inch oil in a large frying pan, heat oil hot but not smoking or burning.
3. Mix flour and paprika and put it in a large bag. Remove squid from milk then put in flour mix bag. Shake and coat the squid pieces.
4. Gently place your squid in hot oil and fry until lightly brown. Calamari only needs about a minute to cook. Two minutes may over cook it. Remove from oil.
5. Plate and serve with sauce and lemon wedges.