2 – 4 oz salmon fillets
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
4 Tbsp butter
1/3 cup dry white wine
3 Tbsp Citrus Glaze (recipe below)
1 1/2 cups green beans
1/3 cup pearl onions
1 Tbsp almonds, toasted and chopped
CITRUS HONEY GLAZE
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup honey
3-4 slices orange
1/4 tsp sriracha sauce
1 Tbsp fresh lemon zest
1. Combine the lemon juice, honey, orange slices in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer for 12- 15 minutes. Add sriracha sauce.
2. Remove from the heat and allow it to steep for ten minutes. Meanwhile, grate lemon zest, avoid white part, you just want the skin.
3. Remove orange slices, strain if there are any pits. Blend in the lemon zest and reserve for salmon.
4. Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper. Heat a pan and melt 2 tblsp butter. On medium to med-high, sear the fillets (skin side up). Meanwhile preheat oven to 400.
5. Place the fillets in an oven safe baking tray with the skin down and add wine. Brush the top side of the fish with half of the citrus glaze and place it in a 400 degree oven. Roast about 6-8 minutes depending on thickness.
6. Meanwhile, sauté the green beans, almonds and pearl onions in a small sauté pan with the other half of butter.
7. Place the vegetables in the center of your plates, place baked salmon on top and pour remaining glace over the top and serve.