This is one of those recipes that you can get creative with and make exactly what your taste buds prefer. This is a classic margarita pizza but swap out the toppings and have your fave!
1. Pre heat oven to 350 degrees. Marinara: In blender or food prcessor, blend italian tomatoes, tomato paste, chopped parsley, minced garlic, oregano, salt, and pepper. Blend until smooth.
2. Pour a few tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl and add basil and let soak for a few minutes. Add some chili flakes if you like spicy.
You can do this the day before and infuse the oil with the flavours, then drizzle a touch over your cooked pizza.
3. Place tortilla shell on a baking tray. Spread marinara sauce around. Shred mozzarella cheese over your shell and add basil leaves on top. If you want the shell crispier, pre-bake it for a couple mins before adding sauce and toppings.
4. Place pan in oven and cook for 5-8 minutes. Keep your eye on it while cooking. Once the edges start to go brown it can burn fast.
5. Take out of oven, cut and serve.