Prep this awesome cheesecake recipe the day before you want to serve it.
2 cups crushed graham crackers
1/2 cup butter, melted
1/4 cup granulated sugar
3 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1 tblsp cornstarch
Zest from 1 lime
1/2 cup key lime juice OR 2 tblsp fresh lemon juice + 6 tblsp fresh lime juice
3 large eggs
1 Can real whipping cream
1 Lime thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Mix crushed graham crackers, melted butter and sugar in a medium to large bowl. Blend and mix well.
2. In a non stick 9″ baking pan, line with mixture making an even crust on the bottom, pat down. Bake for 12-13 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, in a large bowl use an electric mixer, whip the cream cheese, sugar, cornstarch and lime zest. Add the lime juice and mix well. Add eggs and mix but don’t over blend and get air bubbles or it will crack during baking.
4. Pour the cheesecake filling over the graham crust and spread evenly. Place a metal cake pan on the bottom rack of the oven and pour in 2-3 cups of boiling water. Immediately place the cheesecake on the upper rack and bake for 50-65 minutes until the cheesecake is set around the edges.
5. Turn off oven, open door slightly and let sit for about half an hour or so to cool. Transfer to fridge once completely cool and refridgerate until next day.
6. Before serving grate some more lime zest, garnish with real whipped cream, thin lime slices and sprinkle some zest.