This recipe is good hot or cold, something different for brunch or a slice for lunch.
1/2 cup olive oil
5 medium-sized potatoes, slice into 1/2 inch and quarter
1 large brown onion, chopped
1/4 cup shredded gruyere
Black pepper, to taste
1. Heat the oil about medium in a deep medium sized non stick pan. Cook potatoes until golden and tender. Add the onion and fry until transparent. Drain all the oil (use a colander if you have one).
2. Return potatoes and onions to the pan, spread them out. Reduce heat down to low.
3. Beat eggs witha dash of pepper. Pour egg mixture into the pan, moving the potatoes and onions around the eggs using a plastic spatula to make sure you get egg everywhere.
4. Turn the oven on broil and sprinkle some gruyere lightly all around the top, set pan under the grill, not the handle, to crisp up the top.
5. Use your spatula going around the edge of the pan to make sure egg is not stuck to the pan. When you are sure its loose, slide on to a plate to serve or a cutting board and cut and serve.