Heat up the evening with some spicy crab rolls or serve as a dinner appetizer that will surely impress your friends.
Fully Prepared Sushi Rice
Nori wrapper paper
1 pkg refrigerated crab pieces
2 Tbsp mayo
1 tsp or more
3 green onions, thinly sliced
2 tsp lemon juice
Sesame seeds for garnish
1. Chop up your crab very finely. Add in mayo, onion and lemon juice, sriracha and mix well. Finely chop the avocado and cucumber and add.
2. Lay your Nori wrapper on top of a piece of saran wrap (put it on a teatowel) and scoop out some rice. (Wet your fingers in a bowl with a 1 cup water/ 1 tsp vinegar mixture. This will ensure that your fingers do not stick to the rice.)
3. Layer about 1/8 of an inch deep of rice over the seaweed leaving a 1/4 inch edge clear, where you will start rolling. Lay a sheet of saran wrap over the rice and pat the rice firmly. Lift saran and place sesame seeds on top, pat them as well.
4. Pick both top and bottom layers of saran wrap and flip over the seaweed and rice. Pat it down again
5. Remove the top saran and add the crab mixture about a third of the way down from top of the seaweed.
6. Roll from the edge slowly and tightly. Once you have completed the whole roll, place in the fridge for half an hour.
7. Cut the roll in about 1 1/2 inch slices. Serve with pickled ginger and wasabi.