Teriyaki Chicken Salad with Almonds for two, serve as an app or adjust for an entree. If you like teriyaki and almonds, you’ll love this!
1/2 Yellow or Red Sweet Pepper
2 tblsp Almond slices or slivers
Boneless Chicken breast or filets
1 tsp butter
Grape tomatoes or Roma sliced and quartered
Asian Sesame salad dressing
1. Slice a boneless chicken breast or de-vein chicken filets, rinse and place them in a bowl. Pour teriyaki sauce over chicken, enough to cover the chicken. Stir and coat the chicken pieces, then put the bowl in the fridge covered with plastic wrap for 1/2 hour to overnight. (Your call). The longer you marinate it the more flavour the chicken will have, stir it occasionally if you are leaving it overnight.
2. Put greens in a large strainer and rinse your greens, even pre-washed, better to be safe, toss them as you wash them. Shake strainer and set aside for a few minutes to drain. Shake again before plating.
3. Heat a non stick frying pan to about medium-low to medium, add butter to coat the bottom of the pan. Pour chicken and remaining sauce in the pan and spread out. Cook for approx 10 mins, stir occasionally, the sauce will start to evaporate and the chicken will start to get a sticky coating. Make sure the chicken is cooked, you don’t want it to dry out but the sticky coating is tasty. If your unsure, take a thick piece out and slice to make sure there is no pink then put back in pan, add a dash of teriyaki if the liquid is dried and you need to re-coat the cut piece.
4. Meanwhile, heat a medium pan on about medium, spread your almonds out. Stir them occasionally, you need to keep your eye on them because once they start to turn brown they can burn fast. Turn the heat down as they start turning. Once browned pour them in a bowl or on a plate so they don’t keep cooking from the heat in the pan.
4. Slice peppers and tomatoes. Shake your greens again and put on a large plate or in a bowl, drizzle some asian dressing and about half as much teriyaki sauce over your greens. Toss, then plate the greens. Top with your tomatoes, almonds, peppers and chicken.