Texas french toast baked, garnish with your favourite fruit or serve with a mimosa.
- 2 Tbsp granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 8 one inch slices of french bread
- 2 Tbsp butter , melted, plus more for serving if desired
- Maple syrup , for serving
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 18 by 13-inch baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl whisk together sugar and cinnamon, set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl vigorously whisk together milk, eggs, vanilla until very well blended.
3. Dip each slice into egg mixture then lift and let excess run off and transfer to prepared baking sheet. Using a basting brush, brush tops of french toast sticks lightly with 1 Tbsp of the melted butter.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 13 minutes. Remove from oven, flip french toast sticks to opposite side and brush tops lightly with remaining 1 Tbsp melted butter. Return to oven and continue to bake until cooked through, about 13 – 18 minutes longer. Let cool for a few minutes. Brush lightly with a little more melted butter if desired and serve warm with maple syrup