This is the easiest chicken dinner to make, its all in the cooking “dutch oven”. As you can see from the photo, the lid has nipples that automatically bastes with drips while its cooking. Its not a good recipe for crispy skin but the chicken ends up oh sooo tender. The red peppers make for a super flavoured juice that you can make a gravy from. Add herbs if you want, the juice will have a sweet flavour.
2 sweet potatoes
1 red pepper
1 small bag mini skinless carrots
1 chicken (that fits in your pot)
2 tblspn butter
1. Pre heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut sweet potatoes in half and peel. Cut once more to make 1- 1/2″ slices. Place them at the bottom of your dutch oven.
2. Cut red pepper, in quarters and clean and place skin side up over potatoes. Sprinkle in bag of mini carrots.
3. Wash chicken and place on top of veg. Add a few slices of butter on the top of the chicken and put lid on. Set on medium high rack in oven and cook for 20 mins per pound.
4. Chicken may fall apart when its cooked and you take it out. I put a fork inside and lift the whole bird out. Mash the sweet potatoes, serve carrots on the side.
The juice can be made in to a gravy. You can modify this recipe for gravy.
5. It is awesome chicken for sandwiches. If you need more for dinner, make a side of rice and time it with your chicken cooking time.