There’s a place up in Northern Mendocino where Nature, Art and Magic collide. To get there, you will drive along winding roads until you get past cities, past stress, way past the expected. You’ll arrive where the redwoods meet the Mendocino coastline to a place where time moves differently and the air is fragrant with jasmine.
Howard Creek Ranch, Westport, Northern Mendocino, CA
There is no obvious line between indoors and the sweetness of coastal air, the wildness of blackberries and blooms or the cacophony of birdsongs. We offer cabins, suites and rooms furnished with antiques, large comfortable beds, and handmade quilts with views of the ocean, mountains, creek or gardens. Breakfast is served daily.
Stargazing, you can see the Milky Way from the ranch at night. Many of our rooms have sun roofs. Hiking the Redwoods, there are onsite trails that lead to the Enchanted Forest. About an hour’s drive north is the Avenue of the Giants. View gorgeous sunsets, the ranch is a short walk to the beach where the sun sets over the Pacific Ocean.
Ocean Trips & Fishing
– Whale-watching ocean adventure from Noyo Harbor
– Deep-sea fishing, bottom fishing and salmon fishing
– All Aboard Adventures
– Go white-water ocean kayaking or sailing
Outdoor Adventures & Sports
– Rent a bike and ride through a ten mile-long sand dune trail
– Go horseback riding on the beach, along the ocean, in the mountains or redwoods
– Take the Skunk Train through the Redwoods
At the Ranch:
– Walk over Howard Creek on our 75ft swinging bridge
– Explore tide pools (we provide rubber boots)
– Watch the sun set over the Pacific Ocean
– Take a walk to Little Howard Creek Falls on the beach at low tide
– Play our piano
– Enjoy a German massage
– Enjoy a picnic with our small barbecues
– There is excellent hiking on site and nearby. Of course, there is the beach right here and three miles of bluff just west of the ranch. Explore the on site mountains or just walk around the 60 acre farm.